Author Topic: Cinema4D R12 and Pipeline?  (Read 5739 times)

drandolph

Cinema4D R12 and Pipeline?
« on: December 01, 2010, 09:08:26 PM »
So here is what I know so far and the changes for R12:

Maxon uses net render which is now included with some of the packages.

Prime: no netrender license
Broadcast: 3
Visualize: 3
Studio: Unlimited

Setup one Netserver for cinema4d and on other machines install the netclient.

Cineversity has a quick video on it.
http://www.cineversity.com/tutorials/lesson.asp?tid=1865

But my big question is does pipeline have a jobtype for R12 yet? If so I can't find it or where its documented

jburk

• Administrator
Re: Cinema4D R12 and Pipeline?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 09:19:10 PM »
Our current Cinema4D simpleCmd submission UI can be easily modified to support R12, and any other future versions of C4D that may come out; you can simply type the full path to the C4d executable in the "c4dExe" field (see the attached screen-shot), hit 'Presets Set' to save this as your default, and you're ready for the next version of C4d.

As we release new versions of the QubeGUI, we continually add the paths to the latest version of application executables so that users don't have to type it in the first time.

If you'll post the full path to the R12 "CINEMA 4D.exe", we'll add it in so that it's in the next release.  

Or would I be correct in guessing:

C:\Program Files\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R12\CINEMA 4D.exe

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:20:41 PM by jburk »

rericksen

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 04:31:44 PM »
"C:\Program Files\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R12\CINEMA 4D 64 Bit.exe"

"C:\Program Files\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R12\CINEMA 4D.exe"

cheers

jburk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 05:20:24 PM »
Got the official word from Maxon regarding Cinema 4D R12 and the new licensing scheme:

"Beginning with Release 12, customers need to obtain a Command Line license from us (Maxon), which is served via the License Server and enables command-line rendering. As of right now, we (Maxon) aren't and don't plan to charge for Command Line licenses (at least for customers in North and South America - I'm not sure what the policy is in other regions). Customers can contact their Maxon sales rep or reseller to get a command line license - by default they'll be provided with a 25-seat capability."

Dan_CP

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 10:34:19 AM »
We just got the official word from Maxon UK. Looks like they are planning to charge...