Author Topic: rendering Black frames in AE CS5 with MB Colorista II plugin  (Read 4898 times)

rtaege

When rendering a comp with Magic Bullets Colorista II plugin, I'm getting the following error, and it renders a black frame.

aerender ERROR: After Effects can not render for aerender. Another instance of aerender, or another script, may be running; or, AE may be waiting for response from a modal dialog, or for a render to complete. Try running aerender without the -reuse flag to invoke a separate instance of After Effects.

All other MB plugins work fine, including Looks. Has anyone else had issues with this particular plugin? Thanks.

I'm running Qube 6.0.5 GUI on Win 7 x64, AE CS5.

BrianK

Re: rendering Black frames in AE CS5 with MB Colorista II plugin
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:21:23 AM »
Taking a quick look at Red Giant's website, it looks like they license their plugins with a serial number, which leads me to believe that there is some sort of interface in which you enter a serial number.

I'm guessing that the modal dialog of which the error message speaks is one that is asking for a serial number on your render nodes.  You should verify that you have the appropriate license(s) for rendering with this plugin across the farm.

Assuming you do, the next step I would take would be to look at the stdout tab of the job & check the COMMAND that's being run.  Find that command, go to one of your render nodes, log in as the proxy user, open a terminal/command line, then try to run the same command (you should be able to simply copy/paste the command into a terminal/command line - excluding the word "COMMAND").  See if you get the dialog it's complaining about.

If that doesn't help, post back here with your results.