Author Topic: Too many frames failing with C4D renders  (Read 10334 times)

ptanna

Too many frames failing with C4D renders
« on: May 16, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »
When rendering C4D jobs, about 20% of the frames fail.  We have to "retry failed jobs" 2-3 times before all the frames render successfully.  The frames seem to be failing on random nodes... and a failed node will pick up the next frame and render that just fine.  It really does seem to be random.  This is happening with all our C4D jobs.

UAC is disabled on all the workers and the 'disable_windows_job_object' flag is checked.  Our worker nodes are Windows Server 2008 machines.  There are 12 of them.  A look a the filed frame's Highlights usually says "Errors: Document not found" or "Error rendering document"... even though these same frames and nodes render fine just moments later. 

Any clues?

--
Patrick Tanna
CNN News Systems
Graphics Systems Administrator

ptanna

Re: Too many frames failing with C4D renders
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 02:59:05 PM »
This is a brief update...

I resubmitted the entire job, but this time with the

regex_errors box cleared.  By default this was in it:

Error rendering document
The system cannot find the path specified
Document not found

I noticed in the "highlights" of the failed frames it was always saying "Document not found"

When I cleared this out, and resubmitted the entire job completed without failed frames.  I am testing this further, but would still like some clarification on what is going on exactly...

ptanna

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:09:26 PM »
Second update:

The above did not actually fix the problem.  Now the failed frames show up as "complete" but never actually get spit out to the output folder. 

lunar

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 09:42:17 PM »
Hi, we've had a similar problem.  Did you ever manage to fix this problem, if so how? Are you working with support on this? Thanks.

dmeyer

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 02:22:40 PM »
Curious if you ever identified this issue.  We had similar problems on Cinema 12.  R13 and the latest Qube now these problems have gone away.