Author Topic: Failed supervisor upgrade  (Read 3408 times)

sosborne76

Failed supervisor upgrade
« on: May 18, 2011, 02:04:51 PM »
I recently upgraded my supervisor from 6.0.1 to 6.1.2. First I had to reinstall the 6.0.1 Supervisor as I wasn't able to uninstall it. And then I uninstalled it and the 6.0.1 Core. I then installed the 6.1.2 Core and the 6.1.2-b Supervisor.

When I restarted the server the Supervisor it appeared to start but then it failed. At first I thought this could be down to licensing but after installing our Qube 6.0 license via the GUI on the Supervisor I still couldn't start the supervisor. There are two error messages in the Event Viewer, first:

Event ID 100 MySQL "Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist".

I attempted to address this by completely uninstalling and then blowing away any remaining Pfx folders to try and attempt a 'clean'ish install. This didn't help (Later I found the upgrade_supervisor -reset util command which I gather would have achieved the same).

There is also Event ID 7023 "The qubesupervisor service terminated with the following error: Incorrect function.", which I am presuming is related. I am continuing to look into this but time is a bit of an issue so do you have any thoughts on what the problem maybe?

The supervisor is running Windows Server 2008 R2.

Note: I have also raised a support request

jburk

• Administrator
Re: Failed supervisor upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 03:18:32 PM »
There is a hiccup in our most recent version of the Windows supervisor that requires python be installed on the supervisor in order for it to run. I apologize that you got this version - we only discovered the issue recently & are working to fix it as we speak.

Note that 6.1-1 and 6.0-2 do not have this issue, while 6.1-2 and 6.0-3 both exhibit it.

In the interest of time, however, you can get around this problem by going here:

http://www.activestate.com/activepython

scrolling to the bottom, and choosing the "Community Edition," also labeled "FREE". Download that, install, then the supervisor should run.

Since you have reset your database, your job ids will start back at 250. You almost assuredly still have job log folders for those jobs in c:\programdata\pfx\qube\logs\job\* (note that's "programdata" not "program data"). You will need to either move or remove the logs in that dir so that they can be recreated, otherwise, you'll be viewing old logs if you are able to view them at all.