Author Topic: Installing Qube workers NOT in default /usr/local/... but in /home/tools/...  (Read 3355 times)

stwagstaff

We have a linux farm configuration where the worker servers read user-installed resources from a shared volume mounted to /home/tools/..., not from /usr/local/... This /home/tools/ directory is the only place we can install tools, including Maya, Mental Ray and Qube, e.g., /home/tools/pfx..., /home/tools/autodesk/..., /home/tools/mental/..., etc.

I have more or less figured out how to make Mental Ray work in a non-standard directory by modifying the paths in rayrc. How can I install and configure Qube to do the same?

jburk

• Administrator
You can use the "--relocate OLDPATH=NEWPATH" flag to the rpm command.

rpm -ivh --relocate /usr/local/pfx=/home/tools/pfx qube-core-6.2.1-x86_64.rpm

mike1158

I have the same problem, but rpm's "--relocate" feature is not a very good solution.  For starters, it requires root privileges, and most sane NFS setups are exported with root_squash.   Second, it still tries to register the install with the local rpm database, which I don't want.

I just use "rpm2cpio qube-core-6.2.1-x86_64.rpm | cpio -idmv" and put it where I want it to go.  Personally, I'd prefer just having a tarball available.