Author Topic: problem with anti-virus and qube  (Read 6144 times)

tadm

problem with anti-virus and qube
« on: March 02, 2006, 07:38:45 AM »
Hi All,

Im having an issue with the software running with Sophos.  It seems to lock up the system with a few seconds into logging into the machine when trying to bring up the start menu.  If I uninstall the anti-virus software, the ssytem seems to work fine.  I haven't got to the stage of testing the qube software with submitting jobs (another problem yet to be resolved after this one).

Anyone had any issues with the system locking up?  I've already removed the icon from the qubic-core install from the startup folder.

If I disable the worker and watchdog services when Sophos is installed, the system doesnt lock up.  The system only locks up after I install the worker program.

Thanks,

John

anthony

• Senior Software Engineer
Re: problem with anti-virus and qube
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 10:44:43 AM »
Hey John,

Actually I suspect you're using 64 bit windows.  This is a known issue and we're addressing it in our up coming service release.  The current workaround is to disable the watchdog service.  We'll post on here once 4.0-4 is available to the public.

Thanks,
          Anthony

tadm

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 12:00:34 AM »
Hi Anthony,

Im not using 64bit windows, but we are using 64bit processors.  Is it still relevant?

Thanks,

John

anthony

• Senior Software Engineer
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 01:43:14 AM »
Hey John,

Actually the 64 bit architecture is the problem which the watchdog has with the machine.  Because the watchdog binds itself to the windows kernel (using software hook technologies provided by microsoft) it was compiled to work with 32 bit hardware.

Because the watchdog isn't critical to qube!'s operation, it's ok to disable it completely.  I would go ahead and do that.  The worker at least to our knowledge works perfectly fine with 64 bit windows.

Thanks,
          Anthony