Author Topic: Possible to change colors in GUI, particularly row color status?  (Read 4124 times)

TyDeL

Possible to change colors in GUI, particularly row color status?
« on: February 13, 2012, 05:34:59 PM »
Greetings! I'd like to be able to customize the colors in my GUI.  In particular, I'm trying to change the row colors used to represent job status (Failed, Running, Complete, etc).  As far as I can tell there is no option to do this within the interface or it's preferences menu.  I'm hoping that there may be code that I could enter into my guip references text file locally.

fyi, this is coming from an artist with limited scripting experience, so any code that you might provide, if it could be cut and paste ready I'd much appreciate it.  I can find the hexidecimal color codes needed.  I'm working in Linux also, if that matters.

Much appreciated!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:57:52 PM by TyDeL »

BrianK

Re: Possible to change colors in GUI, particularly row color status?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 01:17:02 AM »
With the current GUI, changing colors is possible, but it's quite complex.  It would require digging into the python source (which ships with Qube) modifying the source files so that the appropriate widgets have the correct colors, then either running the interpreted version or recompiling & running a custom compile.

Instructions for doing such can be found under "Qube!GUI Reference" at http://pipelinefx.com/docs

Our next-generation GUI (soon to be in beta) will allow more flexible color control.

-Brian

TyDeL

Re: Possible to change colors in GUI, particularly row color status?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:56:21 PM »
Thank you for the reply Brian! Sounds like it's more complicated than I'll want to mess with, was hoping there was a place I could just change the color code.  I'll look forward to the next GUI update.