Author Topic: Add frames or que frames on an existing job  (Read 3150 times)

thobry

Add frames or que frames on an existing job
« on: May 08, 2012, 06:07:21 PM »
Can this be done?

EXAMPLE PROCESS:
Job A would be submitted to the farm with frames 1-100 (for example).

Job B would simultaneously be submitted to the farm with frames 1-100 but all the frames are in pause mode or some equivalent state of wait.

frame 1 would finish on Job A and Job A would then tell Job B to unpause/que frame 1 on Job B.

Another way to deal with this is to have Job A add frame 1 to Job B.

Can you have another job que frames on a second job?

Can you even add frames to an existing job?

jburk

• Administrator
Re: Add frames or que frames on an existing job
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 06:26:44 PM »
Good news is that it's very easy to have one job depend (the "dependent" job) on another job (the "independent" job).

JobA is the independent job, and is submitted normally.  Make a note of it's jobid.

JobB is the dependent job, and has its dependency value set so that it's defined as being dependent on jobA.  When you set a job's dependency value, it's automatically submitted in a "blocked" state, and won't start until something triggers it.  This is easiest done in the QubeGUI in the "Qube Advanced Job Control" section; you'll need to check the "Expert mode" box at the bottom to display this.

if you set jobB's dependency to "link-complete-job-<jobA's jobid>", jobB will not start until jobA is entirely complete.  If you set the dependency to "link-complete-work-<jobA's jobid>", as each frame in jobA completes, the corresponding frame in jobB will unblock and become available to be dispatched to the farm.

coclea

Re: Add frames or que frames on an existing job
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 05:21:52 PM »
Hi

I tried to use dependency:
'dependency ' : 'link-complete-job-%s'%(idDependency),
or even
'dependency ' : idDependency,

The second job did not start blocked.

I used
    'waitfor' : idDependency,

and it is working fine (second job blocked)  except I get the comment:
<string>:191: DeprecationWarning: The 'waitfor' parameter is deprecated. Adding value to preferred 'dependency' parameter.

Weird?

Claire