Author Topic: Worker: Proxy Settings  (Read 2878 times)

jperenia

Worker: Proxy Settings
« on: June 20, 2012, 04:35:32 PM »
Here is the scenario and here is what I have tried.

I have a Client (Windows), Supervisor (Windows), and Worker (Linux) all on the same network.  I also have a a network location where all the projects reside and images should be rendered which can be seen from any Windows machine and currently mounted on the Linux machine.

The same users exists on all Windows machines while different users exist on the Worker machine.

I want to be able to send a job from a Client (Windows) which will be rendered on a Worker (Linux), but written to a shared network location.

I'm a bit confused as to what my proxy settings should be.  Thanks.

jburk

• Administrator
Re: Worker: Proxy Settings
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 08:34:46 PM »
You need a user account on all the linux workers that has sufficient permissions that it is able to read and write to the mounted filesystem.

The best way to test this is to login to the linux worker as that user, and verify that it is able to write to the mounted filesystem.

You should then set:
  • proxy_execution_mode=proxy (the default value, so you can just comment it out if ned be
  • proxy_account=<that sufficiently-privileged user account>
  • proxy_password=<hashed password for the proxy_account user

You can generate the 64-character encrypted hash for the password with the "qbhash" utility, located in $QBDIR/bin.  It will display the hash for any given password, then you can copy&paste that value into the proxy_password.