Author Topic: Job Defalut Frame Timeout  (Read 4375 times)

mdmcneff

Job Defalut Frame Timeout
« on: March 25, 2013, 04:18:02 PM »
Hi,

I'd like to configure Qube! so that each job's default frame timeout is set to 30 min.  I can't seem to remember where/how to configure the default job submission settings.

Thanks,
Michael

Darrin

Re: Job Defalut Frame Timeout
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 04:46:07 PM »
You set the Frame Timeout in the submission UI under the 'Qube Advanced Job Control' section. The value is set in seconds so '1800' will give you a 30 minutes timeout. Click "Set Defaults" in the lower-left corner, click "Cancel" to close the submission UI, then QubeGUI->File->Save Preferences.

For details and screenshot see:
http://confluence.pipelinefx.com/display/QUB064/Frame+Timeouts+_New+for+Qube+6.0_+and+Subjob+Process+Timeouts

mdmcneff

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 05:37:15 PM »
Hi Darrin,

Thanks for your quick response.  Is there a way that I can set the frame timeout parameter for all the clients on my network?  We are a school and have 100+ client machines.  When a student submits a job from any of our client machines, I'd like for the frame timeout field to automatically be set to 1800.

Thanks,
Michael

Darrin

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 07:11:59 PM »
An administrator can set up preferences and defaults to be used by the entire school / studio.

To save off an external Preferences file based on the current preferences of the QubeGUI, select "File->Save External Preference File

mdmcneff

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 06:15:04 PM »
Hi Darrin,

Thanks for the info.  After I save the external preferences file, what's the best way to roll that external preferences file out to all of our client machines?

Thanks,
Michael

jburk

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 07:32:38 PM »
A handy way to get all your users to reference a shared GUI prefs file is with an environment variable:

QUBEGUI_DEFAULTPREFS=file location

you can use another variable to point to the "studio overrides", which are settings which trump any user's preferences:

QUBEGUI_STUDIOPREFS=file location

Please refer to our on-line docs for a more complete explanation:

http://docs.pipelinefx.com/display/QUB064/Preferences

mdmcneff

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 06:42:05 PM »
I'm trying to configure an environment variable for the "studio overrides" on Mac OS 10.7.5, but so far it doesn't seem to be working.  Here's what I've done so far:

I've created a file called launchd.conf and placed it in /etc/

launchd.conf only contains one line:
QUBEGUI_STUDIOPREFS=/qube_prefs/qube_guiDefaults.conf

I've attached the qube_guiDefaults.conf to this post.  This is the first time I've tried creating an environment variable in Mac OS X, so please let me know if there's a better way.

Thanks,
Michael

[attachment deleted by admin]

BrianK

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 06:55:46 PM »
in launchd.conf, you have to set env variable the csh way, so:

setenv QUBEGUI_STUDIOPREFS /qube_prefs/qube_guiDefaults.conf

(note there is no '=' sign)