Author Topic: Lock/Schedule CPUs individually  (Read 4818 times)

dandymite

Lock/Schedule CPUs individually
« on: March 17, 2014, 09:46:16 AM »
Hi there,
is it possible with the GUI to schedule process slots individually? E.g. I have a workstation with 4 slots and want to schedule 3 slots while the 4th one should always be unlocked. I haven`t found a solution for that now.

If there is no solution through the GUI I think could edit the worker5.jnl to set the scheduling for each slot. Is it a good idea or is it better to leave the worker5.jnl untouched?

Best regards

jburk

• Administrator
Re: Lock/Schedule CPUs individually
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 03:29:53 PM »
WranglerView has a "Scheduled locking" option in the worker right-click menu that will do just this.

You enter in the number of processors that you would like to lock/unlock, the remaining processors will be locked all the time.  In your case you would enter "3", and then proceed to the scheduling screen.

[attachment deleted by admin]

dandymite

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 05:10:20 PM »
thanks, but I need the remaining processors to be unlocked all the time instead of locked.

dandymite

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 07:58:10 AM »
Finally I found a solution. I found the python script pfx\qube\api\python\qb\gui\simplecmds\menu_workers.py where the context menu for the workers tab is implemented and modified it to my needs and add it as extra simplecmd. Now everything works great.
Best regards