Author Topic: Worker down for the count...  (Read 5310 times)

neight

• URI Pharmacy Animations
Worker down for the count...
« on: June 21, 2007, 06:07:43 PM »
Im not sure why this is happening but here's my situation:

I had a worker active according to qbhosts..

then i installed the jobtypelib and mayajt on that worker (osx)... reboot..

now... it just stays offline.. not sure why.  anyone have an idea of whats going on?

thanks

-neight

eric

Re: Worker down for the count...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 06:34:20 PM »
Have you checked the workerlog to see if there are any errors?

neight

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 01:57:51 PM »
Oddly enuf, /var/log/workerlog is blank... there are a few files called 'worker.24', 'worker.25' etc... and i checked those out... the most up to date one reflects info from the 19th.. the installation of the lib's was on the 21st.

im about to try reinstalling the worker software, perhapse that will help.

-n8

neight

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 02:39:17 PM »
aha!  after digging further into the logs........

June 22nd -> 'waiting for UDP socket to open up' 50011

OK.... that makes sense... kinda.. how its now having that issue, im not sure.

So I opened up the firewall setting and turned the fire off. 

No firewall running. 

I have the log window open, and im watching it in real time as the worker keeps having the same issue: 'waiting for UDP socket to open up 50011' 

Now, I have another worker that seems to be running smooth over that port to the supervisor.  Also, when I do 'qbhosts' from the functional worker, both workers now show up as active... however, when i do 'qbping' on the problem worker, it cannot even verify that the super is running.. it cannot reach it, 'UDP socket timed out'

anyone have a suggestion as to how I can deal with this UDP socket?  Im noobish with macs and unix at best.. if this were windows i'd try to open up the port specifically, however, as it stands right now the firewall is OFF.  I don't get it.  My next move is to see if perhaps the supervisor is blocking UDP traffic from this worker...

one other piece of info... on this problem worker i cannot connect to the rest of the internet either... when i do 'ifconfig' I do get assigned an IP address that normally works.. this worker does not return any packets when pinged either.

-n8

-----------------------
I think this particular computer is just crazy... now its working after reboot.  Lets call this 'solved' for now. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 04:15:52 PM by neight »

eric

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 08:19:53 PM »
Glad to hear things are working.

Typically, it's easiest to disable your firewall on your Supervisor and Workers, but if you need to keep local firewalls enabled, here are the relevant ports and protocols:

supervisor
50001,50002,50003  tcp/udp

worker
50011 tcp/udp