Author Topic: Worker Config problems OSX  (Read 4392 times)

editworks

Worker Config problems OSX
« on: June 29, 2007, 12:35:44 AM »
Let me start by saying that I am WAY out of my comfort zone here.
I have just discovered how "over my head" I really am.

Trying to set up the worker config on an OSX supervisor and found that the qbwrk.conf file does not exist. Fine, I'll create one... but where to start? Is there a template to work from.

On a related note, can this config be done from the Prefrences GUI as well. If so, I want to mention that I have no Worker Configuration tab there either.

DJ

eric

Re: Worker Config problems OSX
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 12:43:11 AM »
Information on how to use the qbwrk.conf can be found on page 23 of the Administration manual. A reference guide to the qbwrk.conf can also be found on 158 of the Administration manual.

editworks

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 03:24:55 PM »
Thank you, I know to RTFM, that is where I am confused. It refers to "modifying" the config file. I have no file to modify and no example of what the structure of the file should be.

DJ

eric

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 09:34:57 PM »
Use of this file is not necessary or even desirable if you are uncomfortable or unfamiliar with how Qube Workers are configured. You should probably start off by logging into each Worker and running the /Applications/pfx/qube/Qube Preferences app to configure it instead.

That being said, the qbwrk.conf file can be created using a standard text editor. I cannot supply you with a "template" as it is intended to produce a site-specific configuration file containing only those configurations that override the local configuration on each Worker.

I can site the example in the text (pg 25):

[template]
worker_cpus = 5
worker_groups = ?vfx,linux?
worker_cluster = /television

[cluster]
worker_cluster = /workers

[qb001] : template      #inherit template
[qb002] : template      #inherit template
worker_cluster = /

This example sets up 2 Worker hosts, qb001 and qb002. They both end up with the configuration seen "template." The qb002 host will end up with an additional worker_cluster configuration.