Author Topic: non-admin user unable to kill job he submitted  (Read 4213 times)

ex-centris

non-admin user unable to kill job he submitted
« on: August 18, 2007, 07:23:32 AM »
A production user without admin rights is able to start a job within XSI but from Qube's GUI, the user cannot kill or modify the job he just submitted.

Is it because I am setup in proxy user mode and once the job has been submitted it now belongs to proxy-user?

What should I do for all production users (non-admin) to manage their own jobs?

Thanks

anthony

• Senior Software Engineer
Re: non-admin user unable to kill job he submitted
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 12:58:39 PM »
Hey ex,

This completely depends on their environment.  Typically a user who submits a job from XSI will have permission to modify/kill, etc. their own jobs by default.  However this can be modified by the administrator.  If they are added either by using qbusers or by changing the default user permissions. 

Is this user submitting the job from the same host and login session they are trying to kill it from?

Thanks,
           Anthony

ex-centris

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 04:12:32 PM »
Anthony,

Yes, the user is performing the tasks from the same XP machine and from the same session. I'm starting the job from XSI then open Qube's GUI to monitor and try to kill the job.

Qube default user can perform everything except "bump job, impersonate, submit global callback, admin".

One thing to mentioned, when I say non-admin user I mean at the domain level and not at the qube level. For now, I did not set any qbusers rights or groups. I want to use as much default settings as I can during my tests.

Thanx

anthony

• Senior Software Engineer
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 10:03:05 AM »
No, what ever user account you have running, should also have control over their own jobs as well.  Running in proxy mode or user mode has no effect on the user's control of their own jobs.

Could you execute the following command? and return the result to the forum?

OSX
/Applications/pfx/qube/sbin/qbusers --list

Linux
/usr/local/pfx/qube/sbin/qbusers --list

Windows
C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\sbin\qbusers --list

thanks