Author Topic: Setting up user groups, Polling Perforce and Continuous Builds  (Read 4053 times)

davekoenig

Setting up user groups, Polling Perforce and Continuous Builds
« on: December 13, 2007, 11:13:44 PM »
Hello.

I'm completely new to Qube! and am just in the process of setting it up for our company and I had three questions that I couldn't find the answers to.  (I'm sorry if they are very basic...)

1) How do I set up user groups?  Once I've set one up, am I correct in assuming that I can set a commandline job to use that user group and it will choose a member of that group to perform the job on?

2) How do I set Qube up to poll perforce and execute a job based on whether or not someone has submitted into perforce?

3) What's the easiest way to set up continuous builds?  Do I make them just trigger off each other?  Can I set them up to be continuous for like 16 hours in a day then locked out during other hours?

Thanks
Dave

eric

Re: Setting up user groups, Polling Perforce and Continuous Builds
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 10:53:05 PM »
1) How do I set up user groups?  Once I've set one up, am I correct in assuming that I can set a commandline job to use that user group and it will choose a member of that group to perform the job on?

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Can you give me a bit more detail on what you want to do with a "user group?"

2) How do I set Qube up to poll perforce and execute a job based on whether or not someone has submitted into perforce?

You would probably need to write a script that does the perforce polling, then kicks off a build either by using our command line qbsub or one of the scripting APIs like Perl or Python. The script could be set up with cron (or a Windows equivalent) to run on a regular basis.

3) What's the easiest way to set up continuous builds?  Do I make them just trigger off each other?  Can I set them up to be continuous for like 16 hours in a day then locked out during other hours?

You would want to use the cron technique above, and just make sure they don't run during the "off hours."