Author Topic: automounting smb share with active directory  (Read 4196 times)

mistikdesigns

automounting smb share with active directory
« on: April 14, 2011, 05:37:07 PM »
Hi I am trying to setup qube to login with as a specific active directory user and automount a smb share only when that user logs in, but I can not seem to get it to work. does anyone have any ideas? If i actually login the smb is mounted but since qube does not use finder to login it wont automount the smb.

jburk

• Administrator
Re: automounting smb share with active directory
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 07:40:08 PM »
You can set up Qube to run in Desktop User mode; I think this is exactly what you're looking for.

When run this way, Qube runs not as a service but as a process started and owned by a user.  Any AFP or SMB mounts that the user mounts are accessible to Qube jobs.

To enable this, go into the QubeGUI-->Admin menu and first stop the worker service via the worker stop/start sub-menu, and then start the worker as the Desktop User in the same sub-menu.

To set the worker to autostart when this user logs in, you should go to the Admin menu-->Autostart worker sub-menu, and first disable the "start as a service at boot", and then enable "start as the Desktop User at login".

Ensure that the user is auto-mounting the shares at login by dragging the mount points from the desktop to the "Login Items" pane in the SystemPrefs-->User Account window.  If the mounts aren't showing on the desktop, you can probably get them to appear by going into the Finder prefs and selected "show connected servers" to get an icon for the mount to appear on the desktop.  You can then drag this icon right into the "Login Items" for that user.

dmeyer

Re: automounting smb share with active directory
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:28:40 PM »
Hi I am trying to setup qube to login with as a specific active directory user and automount a smb share only when that user logs in, but I can not seem to get it to work. does anyone have any ideas? If i actually login the smb is mounted but since qube does not use finder to login it wont automount the smb.

Do you want the share to be mounted when the user actually is sitting there, and logs in?  Or do you want it to be mounted when Qube runs a job as that AD user?