Author Topic: 5.3 - viewer quirk  (Read 4521 times)

jbrandibas

5.3 - viewer quirk
« on: April 29, 2008, 08:32:41 PM »
Now that I have 5.3 running, I have a small quirk that I can't figure out.

When I configure the external viewer, it doesn't work.  I have configured fcheck as the viewer and the option %(file)s, but when I try and view a frame, it says

Opening specified viewer with "open -a /Applications/Autodesk/maya2008/Fcheck.app on"

then, nothing.  no errors or anything, but the viewer doesn't open.  Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
Re: 5.3 - viewer quirk
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 03:58:23 AM »
The standard Fcheck configuration you describe seems to work fine with our examples.  However,  we have identified a path issue with launching the external viewer, mostly seen when using spaces or odd characters in the paths.

We will send you a pre-release of the 5.3.1 version to verify that your issue has been addressed.

jbrandibas

Re: 5.3 - viewer quirk
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 03:13:08 PM »
The standard Fcheck configuration you describe seems to work fine with our examples.  However,  we have identified a path issue with launching the external viewer, mostly seen when using spaces or odd characters in the paths.

We will send you a pre-release of the 5.3.1 version to verify that your issue has been addressed.

Hello,

I downloaded the file that you sent, but when I open the DMG, everything says 5.3-0, including the mounted drive and the GUI when it opens.  I also still have the same problem.  It says:

Opening specified viewer with "open -a /Applications/Autodesk/maya2008/Fcheck.app on"

And then nothing.  It doesn't open the viewer or anything.  My question is, how does it get the path to the image it is supposed to open? I am wondering if that is where the problem is, since the text stops and it doesn't say what it is trying to open.

Thanks,