Author Topic: Qube 5.4 - key press through jobs  (Read 4230 times)

jesse

Qube 5.4 - key press through jobs
« on: August 19, 2008, 02:44:04 AM »
I've used qube for a number of months now.  There are always things I can find to gripe about.  With this latest release, I was pleased to see some added functionality regarding project groups, but it changed the GUI in a way that made it more difficult to interact with.

Previously, I would change to a certain job detail tab such as "Graph" and I would then select my job in the list to the left.  Using the the up and down cursor keys I could spin through the jobs and quickly see the graph for each job.   Each single key press would show me a new job graph.

In the new 5.4 GUI the jobs are not listed together.  Instead, I must select my tab, select my project group, then select my job.  A keypress will allow me to change jobs within a project group, or allow me to walk through the project groups.

I would like it if either:
  • the GUI had another top level tab, for Group View (new way) and Job View(old way).
  • Or if when cycling through project groups the first job in the project group is automatically selected.  This would allow the details to shown as I key press through the list of groups

Cheers,
jesse

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
Re: Qube 5.4 - key press through jobs
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 12:59:32 AM »
Thank you for your feedback Jesse.  Adding the new project or job groups is one way that we are looking to improve visibility and control of multiple jobs or dependent jobs grouped together.  There are definitely places to add polish and we do rely on our customer input for how to best implement features.

We will look to continue to add polish to this new functinality.  Likely we will start by having it select the first job automatically in a job/project group as you have suggested. 

Stay tuned for future releases.