Author Topic: OSX 10.5, Maya and Vray  (Read 6582 times)

haich11

OSX 10.5, Maya and Vray
« on: March 23, 2009, 05:58:15 PM »
Hi,

I'm currently beta testing Vray for maya and seem to be having problems using Qube with Vray.

If I create a simple scene (i.e. a cube) and then set that off to render through qube using the software renderer (set in maya - I've left the renderer blank in the qube submission gui) everything works ok. If I then set the renderer to Vray (again, in Maya) the job fails with this error message:

INFO: All error messages output from Maya will be ignored during execution of the next command: [file -f -o "/mfserver/Jobs/0000 Test Project/3d/scenes/test3.mb";]
file -f -o "/mfserver/Jobs/0000 Test Project/3d/scenes/test3.mb";
ERROR: exception caught in maya::UniversalMayaRenderJob=HASH(0x853610)->run()
ERROR: lost pipe to maya-- has it crashed? at /Applications/pfx/jobtypes/maya/MelProcessor.pm line 579.

Anyone else had any similar issues of know of a solution??

Thanks.

siyuan.pipelinefx

Re: OSX 10.5, Maya and Vray
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 03:15:30 AM »
What version of Maya and Vray are you using?

haich11

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 02:34:28 PM »
Maya 2009, Vray 1.5 (beta)

haich11

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 07:49:00 PM »
btw - I've logged in as qubeproxy and can render using vray as normal from Maya.

haich11

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 03:24:32 PM »
This issues seems to have been solved by an update to vray but now it's rendering I've noticed that renders seem to be taking considerably longer through qube.

e.g a render that takes 10 seconds direct from Maya will take about 30seconds through Qube.

I have noticed that if I watch the directory files are being rendered to they appear to be written after roughly 10 seconds but it just takes qube a further 20seconds to start the next frame.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

haich11

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 04:16:49 PM »
Update to that:

Seems that if you want to render, say, 5 frames, you have to set the frames up in maya from 1-5 and then set qube to render 1 frame only. It then seems to treat that one frame as whatever you've set in maya.

Otherwise, Qube seems to render the same thing 5 times (or however many frames you set in Qube GUI)

This is fine for batch rendering but means rendering over a farm isn't possible as far as I can tell.

I'm talking to Chaos about this but thought I should post my experience and see if anyone's having the same or better luck.

Thanks