Author Topic: Q&A: In-app submission not showing up with the latest Max jobtype?  (Read 4856 times)

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
Question:
The in-application submission not showing up with the latest Max jobtype when selecting the menu item.  Also the QubeGUI launching from within Max is not working either.  What's going on and how does one fix this?

Reason
The new in-application submission for the 3ds Max jobtype calls the QubeGUI executable and provides it the scenefile and other parameters.  If the QubeGUI (qube.exe) cannot be found, then no dialog will come up. 

Solution
If this happens, it is likely a path issue.  From the commandline, type "qube.exe".  If the GUI does not come up, then it likely cannot be found from within 3ds Max.  Add to your System Environment Variables the PATH to where the QubeGUI is located (either C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\bin or C:\Program Files (x86)\pfx\qube\bin).   Alternatively one can adjust the menu.ms script that calls the QubeGUI from within Max.

apennington

Re: Q&A: In-app submission not showing up with the latest Max jobtype?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:42:16 PM »
I am experiencing this issue and I have verified the path to qube.exe is included in the system path. I'm guessing that it is still an issue with the environment variables because C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\bin\qube.exe works correctly but if I try to run qube from any other directory it does not execute. Any suggestions?

win XP sp3, 3ds max 2009 sp1, qube core 5.4.0, GUI 5.4.3

siyuan.pipelinefx

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 11:36:20 PM »
You said when you go into the "C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\bin\" directory and call on qube.exe it works right?  But do it anywhere else and it doesn't?  Did you add the path of qube.exe to your system variables?  And what version of XP are you running? 32 or 64 bit?

apennington

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 03:19:47 PM »
You said when you go into the "C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\bin\" directory and call on qube.exe it works right?  But do it anywhere else and it doesn't?  Did you add the path of qube.exe to your system variables?  And what version of XP are you running? 32 or 64 bit?

Yes to your first 3 questions. 32 bit XP. Actually, I did not need to add the path because it was added by the installation, but tried adding it at the beginning of the value in case there was a problem with the length, then changed it back to the way it was after it didn't work. Here is the value for Path in my System variables after installing qube:

C:\Python25\;C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;aC:\Program Files\Autodesk\Backburner\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\bin\;C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\lib\

Thank you,
Andrew

shinya

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 01:56:12 AM »
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reporting your issue.
We're able to reproduce the problem, and have identified it as a bug.
While we work on fixing it, please use one of the following workarounds (which you've already found, I suppose...) for the time-being:

1. use the full-path to qube.exe, as in: C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\bin\qube.exe

2. launch the GUI in the bin directory, as in:
 cd C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\bin
 qube.exe

Sorry for the trouble, and let us know if you need further assistance!

-shinya.