Author Topic: Resize Submit window?  (Read 4488 times)

pinkwerks

• Method Studios
Resize Submit window?
« on: October 31, 2008, 06:21:49 PM »
It's very annoying that you can't resize the submit window in the GUI.  Is there a file I can fix this in?

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
Re: Resize Submit window?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 06:37:04 AM »
If running the QubeGUI interactively from python (from the qube.py script), you can modify the SubmitDialog.__init__() function in the submit.py script to adjust the default size.

For our knowledge for future enhancements, how are you wanting the submission window to be sized differently?  Wider? Longer? Shorter?

pinkwerks

• Method Studios
Re: Resize Submit window?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 03:02:37 AM »
Well, mostly I'm going for wider - as I like to see the whole path to my files.  But hard coding this seems silly, as there are times maybe you don't want it so big (and not everyone has big monitors) - the ability to grab a corner and resize is probably the best approach...   Currently we have file paths with scene names that approach 100 characters in length.

Along those lines it's also a bit irritating that the submit window prevents you from interacting with the main window.  Meaning, that when the submit window is up, the main windows don't get mouse clicks and you can't do things like refresh your job, check output, etc.  Small issue but I'm noting it anyway.