Author Topic: Error on Worker Start  (Read 6973 times)

awells

Error on Worker Start
« on: December 24, 2008, 12:08:38 AM »
I'm unable to start the worker daemon on a few of the machines on our farm. I've taken a screen shot of the error (http://i40.tinypic.com/2a9s6q0.jpg). Reinstalling/Repairing core and worker didn't help. Any ideas?

siyuan.pipelinefx

Re: Error on Worker Start
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 12:37:48 AM »
It only happens on certain computers?  What happens when you start it via. command prompt?  Try typing in "net start qubeworker".

awells

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 01:17:49 AM »
Yes, only on certain machines. Starting via command prompt causes a debugger selection prompt to pop up with the error "An unhandled win32 exception occured in worker.exe [1420]."

siyuan.pipelinefx

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 01:57:13 AM »
What kind of OS are you running on?  The error dialog from the image you'd posted doesn't look like a Qube error, but a Windows Explorer error.  It could be corrupt installations of the OS on those machines (maybe).  Also, what user account are you logged in as to start the qubeworker service?

awells

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 02:16:59 AM »
64-bit XP, using an account with admin privs. 

siyuan.pipelinefx

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 06:26:14 AM »
Okay.  When you said "few machines", how much exactly? And what kind of OS are they running?  Check if the permission of the qubeworker service has been changed to anything else besides system.  It should be permission-ed as system.

I suggest try running the worker.exe manually through the command prompt.  So in your command prompt cd to C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\sbin, then invoke the worker.exe, and let me know the results.

Also I looked up the win32 error code 1420 means "The window is not a valid dialog window", which does not help at all.

awells

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 12:44:50 AM »
Thanks for your help, Siyuan.

Exactly 2 machines out of about 40. Both are running 64-Bit XP. Permissions are set correctly. Invoked worker.exe from the command prompt with no result.

siyuan.pipelinefx

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 04:03:51 AM »
The only conclusion I can come up with right now is that it's a corrupt installation.  Did you try reinstalling it?

awells

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 09:18:03 PM »
I've tried reinstalling the qube core and worker service. Haven't tried reinstalling the OS yet. I'm sure that will fix the problem, but I was hoping to avoid wiping hard drives.