Author Topic: GUI/ Supervisor and Workers on seperate subnets  (Read 5073 times)

sfrankiel

GUI/ Supervisor and Workers on seperate subnets
« on: April 23, 2009, 11:38:59 PM »
We are testing out an install of Qube and have come across an issue where the GUI clients will not communicate with the Supervisor across subnets.

Our render network is 192.168.4.xx with Supervisor and workers running and communicating. Our GUI clients are in 192.168.2.xx.

When we add the IP address of the Supervisor in the Supervisor Override option for the GUI clients we are able to run some cmdline jobs, but submissions from After Effects still fail (possibly two separate issues). In addition whenever we quit out of the GUI we have to go back and set the Supervisor override option again. Is there anyways to permanently add the supervisor IP address?

All GUI/Worker/Supervisor machines are Intel Macs, firewall is off on Supervisor/Workers.

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
Re: GUI/ Supervisor and Workers on seperate subnets
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 11:47:55 PM »
Open the Configuration GUI and explicitly set the Supervisor under the General Options tab.  The QubeGUI will use that location and it will work across subnets.

sfrankiel

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 12:18:40 AM »
Hello Scot, thanks for responding.
Are you referring to the 'Supervisor Override' field in the preferences? If so, as I said in my first post, setting that resolves the issue for the current instance of running the GUI. After you quit out and go back in you need to go back in and reset that option appropriately. Saving the preferences, and saving defaults and setting the Studio Default Preferences does not maintain that address after a quit either.

michael.graf

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 01:19:50 PM »
would setting the qb_supervisor in the qb.conf correct this?

sfrankiel

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 05:11:44 PM »
I was looking at the wrong preferences. I went into the GUI, and looked at the preferences there, for the override, which do not persist between sessions. In the Qube! Preferences I am able to set global persistent settings and there is an entry for the supervisor address which resolved my problem.

Thank you again for all the help.