Author Topic: 3ds Max 2010 | BitmapIO issues  (Read 4074 times)

Ari

3ds Max 2010 | BitmapIO issues
« on: November 19, 2009, 08:34:19 AM »
Hello everyone -

I seem to have stumbled across an issue and am curious if anyone else is running into the same problems. Rendering max jobs via qube ( using the standard 3dsmax jobtype ) - the output file settings are not being respected on our slaves.

3ds Max stores the image output settings in a .cfg file for each bitmapIO type ( in the plugCfg folder ). If a user adjusts the output settings in their scene ( say alpha channel storage, bit depth, etc ) and submits the job to the farm - the slaves will render using their default local bitmapIO settings.

All signs seem to point to the fact that the render() maxscript method does not respect the scene output settings ( which is a problem if your intended settings are different than those stored on the slave ). There is also no maxscript method to retreive those settings stored in the scene ( which they are...somewhere )

So, my questions to fellow users:

Has anyone else had the problem where the images rendered on the slave do not have the same properties as defined in the scene file?

-----

The only way I'm seeing to handle this is to get a simple max plugin to force a cfg write ( as this is accessible via the SDK, but not in maxscript ). This command would need to be executed prior to the render() call in the max jobtype.

Any thoughts?