Author Topic: simple commands in additional paths do not override built-in commands  (Read 9288 times)

jturner

In my preferences I have set my SimpleCmd Additional Paths to /hosts/isilon/ifs/core/3d/qube/simplecmds and I have put a new version of submit_maya.py in this directory with the default values changed. However when I open the submit maya job dialog it still has the original default values - I had expected any files in the SimpleCmd Additional Paths to take precedence over the files in the default simplecmds directory, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I know my simplecmd is being loaded - I can see this line in the output:
Registering 'maya' (/hosts/isilon/ifs/core/3d/qube/simplecmds/submit_maya.py)
and it also says '1 duplicate SimpleCmd/SimpleSubmit entries overridden.', but it seems like the built-in version is being used instead of mine.

Also if I change the SimpleSubmit line in my submit_maya.py file by replacing 'maya' with 'maya NEW' and reload the simple commands it successfully adds the new 'Maya NEW Job...' option to the Submit menu, and submit window for this job type has the default values that I've set.

How can I make same-named simplecmds in my SimpleCmd Additional Paths override the built-in simplecmds? Is this possible?

I'm running qube 5.4.0 on redhat.

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
Re: simple commands in additional paths do not override built-in commands
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 09:29:19 PM »
Yes, the additional paths should take precedence over the default paths.  We'll take a look at it.

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
Re: simple commands in additional paths do not override built-in commands
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 03:12:19 AM »
It was verified that the default simplecmds/ directory incorrectly takes precedence over the user-specified network paths at the moment. 

A fix has been made for the next release to have the network paths take precedences so you can put a simplecmd submission interface in a network path location and have that be the one used instead of the default one.

For the time being until the next point release, you will have to remove the original submit_maya.py script from the default simplecmd/ directory.