Author Topic: New Maya submission form edit question  (Read 3664 times)

jbrandibas

New Maya submission form edit question
« on: January 06, 2010, 04:44:07 PM »
Hello everyone,

I had posted this in response to the post by Scott Brew ( http://www.pipelinefx.com/forum/index.php?topic=747.0), but with it being a reply to his post, maybe no one was looking.

Since the MEL scripts have been deprecated, is there a way to tweak the new UI interface so that I can pre-fill out some of the fields so the users aren't having to type them in everytime?  With the MEL submission window, I could go in and add in my own values into the mel script so that the users didn't have to manually type in the reservations, clusters, etc... I am going to assume this is in one of the perl modules, but I am having trouble locating which one.

Thanks,

jburk

• Administrator
Re: New Maya submission form edit question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »
If you prefer, you can set up some defaults, with the 'Set defaults' button at the bottom of the UI.

This UI is the same python module that is loaded in the QubeGUI when you run Qube->Submit->Maya Job.  The only difference is that when you open it inside Maya, the sceneFile and range are automatically filled in for you.

You can use the QubeGUI to easily locate the module via File->Open SimpleCmds Directory.

It's the submit_maya.py module, and it's most wxPython.

But see if "set defaults" works for you instead of editing the module.