Author Topic: populating Qube application submission GUI  (Read 3483 times)

bijuramavfx

populating Qube application submission GUI
« on: August 03, 2012, 04:23:40 PM »
Hi there:

How can I pupulate/ pre-load the values for certain parameters in Qube GUI submission dialog box...? For example in Nuke GUI - would like to have the values for Reservations-> host.processors=4 ..??

Thanks
/Biju

BrianK

Re: populating Qube application submission GUI
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 05:00:15 PM »
Open up a blank Nuke submission dialog, enter in the values you'd like to set as defaults, i.e. host.processors=4 for a reservation, then click the "Set Defaults" button at the bottom of the submission dialog.  Now you can cancel out of the dialog, then go to File > Save Preferences.

This will set a default preference for this user. 

You can make this a studio-wide default by setting a Preference Default to a central location & pointing all GUIs at the preference default.  Anyone can add to the studio-default, simply configure another submission window, set the default, then save over the old file.

See section 4.10.1 in the user guide.  http://pipelinefx.com/docs/

bijuramavfx

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 05:45:05 PM »
Thanks Brian for your reply. After following you instructions this is what I am getting.

I am using Qube 6.2 and in the submission dialog box I have "Presets Set" intead of "Set Defaults". After setting the value for Reservations -> clicking Presets Set and then choosing File-> Save Preferences saved the preferences.

Thanks
/biju

bijuramavfx

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 06:17:23 PM »
Hello Brian:

I have also noticed that if I make any changes in the conf file, I don't see those changes in Qube GUI ....?

Thanks
/Biju

BrianK

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 05:32:23 PM »
If you make changes in the studio default file, you may or may not see them in the GUI.

The GUI loads the studio defaults then the user defaults.  This means that user defaults supersede those in the studio file.  If you created the studio file from your local file (which is typical), then change the studio file, the local file is still unchanged & will provide its own set of defaults.

2 ways to test:

1. Remove the local file.  If you go to File > Save Preferences, you can see the location of the local conf file in the log pane.

2. Load the GUI on another machine or under another account to test changes made to the studio defaults file.