Author Topic: realflow command line error from Qube jobtype  (Read 5065 times)

mdonovan

realflow command line error from Qube jobtype
« on: February 18, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »
Hi ...

I have been using realflow with Qube for a few weeks now. There seems to be a bug in the way that the "frame range" arguments are being passed to the machine on the farm.

It does seem to simulate the correct range .. but the output always starts at the 0000 frame. It should start at the frame indicated by -range start end. I tested out the command directly on the remote machine and it works fine ... the only difference I can see is that my command does not contain any quotation marks ...

any ideas ??

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
Re: realflow command line error from Qube jobtype
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 12:02:11 AM »
Here is a sample command from the prototype RealFlow Qube interface that provides both frame range and no range options.

INFO: running cmd: "realflownode.exe" -range 1 20 "myscene.flw"

You mention that there are 2 commands.  One that works and one that doesn't.  Please run both from the commandline (not through Qube) and verify what works and what does not.  Then post the commands as an example so we can best address the interface with your workflow.

Current prototype RealFlow interface is attached and will work with QubeGUI 5.5.x.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mdonovan

Re: realflow command line error from Qube jobtype
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »
Hey Scott ... sorry for the delay ...

The Qube Command is as follows ....

job id: 898
COMMAND: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" /C ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Next Limit\x64\RealFlow4\realflownode.exe" -useCache True -range "149-220" "J:\2010_Jobs\cg_development_sm5759\3D\work\realflow\rf_projects\telephone_booth_net\tb_net_res_60.flw""
"

this does not work ... while the simulation seems to begin at the proper place, the output of the sim starts at frame 00000.

I connected remotely to the worker running this command and ran it from the cmd window as follows ...

C:\realflownode.exe -useCache True -range 149 220 J:\2010_Jobs\cg_development_sm5759\3D\work\realflow\rf_projects\telephone_booth_net\tb_net_res_60.flw

as you can see I got rid of the quotes and also the dash between beginning and end frame ... this seems to work.

does this help ?