Author Topic: Troubleshooting: My jobs are staying ?pending?  (Read 6324 times)

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
Troubleshooting: My jobs are staying ?pending?
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:59:58 PM »
If the jobs just stay ?pending?, check the pending reason in () next to the job status in the Properties panel of the QubeGUI.

?   If it states ?host missing jobtype: _____? then, the jobtype likely needs to be still installed on the Workers.

One can also check the logs. The source of many problems can be found in the log files for the Supervisor and Worker daemon. They can be most easily accessed from the QubeGUI under ?Administration->View Supervisor Log?? and ?Administration->View Worker Log?? (as of QubeGUI 5.5) when logged into one of those machines.

inthree

Re: Troubleshooting: My jobs are staying ?pending?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:18:40 PM »
Hello:

We are in the process of installing the farm for testing purposes.

We have the Supervisor installed in one machine and a Worker on another.

I see the Worker station listed in the Supervisor's QubeGUI in the Host/Worker Layout.
So I assume that Supervisor and Worker can see each other. (Also, I pinged the Supervisor from the Worker machine and I got a response)

I tried creating a simple test job from the Worker machine and the status of the job stays in the Pending state. It says pending (Worker auto-mount disabled.)
Is there some thing on the Worker machine that I should be doing? I see that the auto-mount is selected in the worker_flags of the Worker machine though.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Let me know if you need more details.