Author Topic: make default group  (Read 4948 times)

wingart

make default group
« on: April 27, 2010, 04:02:25 PM »
I setup a group of nodes called them "farm", and I'd like to have the simplecmd point to the "farm" group by default, so my team doesn't have to enter the group option every time they submit a batch job.

how do I set group option in in mayabatch.py?
I can't find anything related to groups in help doc.

thanks.

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
Re: make default group
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 02:17:54 AM »
The easiest way to set the "group" or any other submission parameter to always display a specified default value is to press the "Set Defaults" button at the bottom left of the submission dialog.  This will store the values set in that submission dialog for that jobtype and user to always come up by default.

The alternative is to modify the mayabatch.py submission dialog directly and force the default value to a specified group.  For example, under the cmdjob.package['-renderer'] line around line 1297, add:
    cmdjob.properties.setdefault('groups', 'mygroup')

wingart

Re: make default group
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:56:07 PM »
Thanks, this is exactly what I need :)

The easiest way to set the "group" or any other submission parameter to always display a specified default value is to press the "Set Defaults" button at the bottom left of the submission dialog.  This will store the values set in that submission dialog for that jobtype and user to always come up by default.

The alternative is to modify the mayabatch.py submission dialog directly and force the default value to a specified group.  For example, under the cmdjob.package['-renderer'] line around line 1297, add:
    cmdjob.properties.setdefault('groups', 'mygroup')