Author Topic: "panic" state on Supervisor  (Read 6323 times)

rhagen

"panic" state on Supervisor
« on: December 14, 2010, 07:13:59 PM »
In the QubeGUI I get a response that the Supervisor "sva-primus" is in a "panic" state with the reason given that: "Log Directory c:\windows\temp must have [full control] permissions set for user [everyone]."

I set the requested directory for Full Control to not only "everyone" but also the "qubeproxy"...   stopped/restarted the supervisor  - didn't clear up. Rebooted the machine. Didn't clear it up.

Note that the Supervisor is running fairly well, and I'm not experiencing any outward problems relating to this panic state.

jburk

• Administrator
Re: "panic" state on Supervisor
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 09:29:28 PM »
Do you see this in the "Worker Layout" (or "Farm Layout", depending on your QubeGUI version)?

Do you (or did you ever) have a worker running on your Qube supervisor?  Check the "lastupdate"  timestamp for the supervisor entry in the "Properties" pane when you select the supervisor's entry in the worker list.

It may be that this worker entry is old and is not updating because the worker service is no longer running on the supervisor host.  If that's the case, you should refer to section 3.11.3 "Worker removal" in the Qube Administrator's Guide.

rhagen

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 11:39:26 PM »
checking through the server, I see Qube 6 core and QubeGUI, no worker. This panic condition appears in Farm Layout.  The last update readout is:

lastupdate  : 2010-12-02 15:26:01

I don't see anything unusual in the logs - just a warning about my license expiring which I'll be taking care of presently.

jburk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 10:33:29 PM »
So it would seem that the worker service last ran on your supervisor Dec 2nd.  I'd say it's save to remove the supervisor's entry in the worker list.

You can do this with the 'qbadmin' command, located in $QBDIR/sbin

Code: [Select]
qbadmin worker --remove <worker_name>
where <worker_name> is replaced with the name of your supervisor.

Ensure you run this command as a user who has been granted the 'admin' privilege in Qube.  This is different from being a Window-admin equivalent.

rhagen

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 06:09:02 PM »
So it would seem that the worker service last ran on your supervisor Dec 2nd.  I'd say it's save to remove the supervisor's entry in the worker list.

You can do this with the 'qbadmin' command, located in $QBDIR/sbin

Code: [Select]
qbadmin worker --remove <worker_name>
where <worker_name> is replaced with the name of your supervisor.

Ensure you run this command as a user who has been granted the 'admin' privilege in Qube.  This is different from being a Window-admin equivalent.

Very much appreciated! For the time being it seems to have corrected the problem.

I have another error that I'll spawn a new thread on.