Author Topic: After Effects CS5  (Read 6283 times)

rtaege

After Effects CS5
« on: November 05, 2010, 07:32:53 PM »
How do we submit to Qube from AE CS5? Is there an updated jobtype or SimpleCMd somewhere?

I'm running Qube 6.0.0 and AE CS5. I've installed the in App UI to after effects, but when I go to Scripts > Qube_Submit_aerender.jsx It gices me some error about not finding the path. Where do I set the path for qube so that AE sees it?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 07:49:45 PM by rtaege »

jburk

• Administrator
Re: After Effects CS5
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 05:12:26 PM »
Qube 6.0 already has support for CS 5.

Since the aerender executable is not normally in the seach path, you need to select the path to the aerender executable to the path where aerender is installed on the worker.

You can set this as the default by using the 'Presets Set' button in the lower-left of the submission UI.

See the attached screenshot.

If none of the paths provided accurately reflect the installation path on the worker, you can type the path into the field manually.

[attachment deleted by admin]

rtaege

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:09:46 PM »
OK, I submitted the job as you described from the Qube GUI and it worked, thank you.

But why doesn't it work from within AE with the .jsx script? I'd like to be able to submit from within AE. Any ideas on what is causing that error I'm getting?

jburk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 05:13:16 AM »
If you've saved the presets in the GUI, you still need to write your QubeGUI prefs to disk so that AE can use the updated prefs.

Either File->Exit the QubeGUI gracefully to save your prefs, or explicitly save your prefs with File->SavePrefs.

You shouldn't have to restart AE, it should read the prefs from disk each time it launches a submit UI. 

That being said, some versions seem to have had a separate set of prefs for AE internally; you may also need to do a "Preset Set" from the submission UI launched from inside AfterEffects.

drago

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 06:21:03 PM »
I would like to find out about adjusting processor and core usage with After Effects.

I read that we don't have control over how many cores etc each machine uses with After Effects. (some of our machines have more cores than others)

So I was wondering if i opened up each copy of After Effects and adjusted the processor details for each machine if that would work...

Or maybe there is another work around.