Author Topic: Replace an image via aerender command line.  (Read 5369 times)

iopuk

Replace an image via aerender command line.
« on: May 22, 2012, 11:10:51 AM »
Hello,
I'm not sure that i've posted it in the correct topic, so, excuse me if i didn't.

I am looking for a way to replace image or text before the render via the aerender command line in the cmd.

C:\...\Support Files\aerender.exe -project project.aep -comp "MainComp" -output c:\00\video.avi

Is there a way to tell the line to change/replace one image file inside the project to another before the render? Replace the path? As well, is there a way to replace a text object content via the aerender command line?

Thanks alot for your help.

regards,
YA.

jburk

• Administrator
Re: Replace an image via aerender command line.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 07:43:08 PM »
No, aerender has no command-line options that would support this.

If you're trying to swap paths to submit from an OSX client to a Windows worker, you should look at the sections in the Qube User's Guide that deal with "path translation".  You can set up a table of path mappings in the QubeGUI so that if you see (for example) /Volumes/Graphics/<path_to_project> in the path to the project file, the job will be submitted with the project file path set to "G:\<path_to_project>"

If you're trying to do cross-platform rendering, you should also ensure that all your input footage is in directories beside or below your AE project.