Author Topic: Failing frames actually completed  (Read 5546 times)

connnor.v

Failing frames actually completed
« on: January 30, 2013, 08:25:06 PM »
In the 2+ years I've been using Qube, I have seen the following problem occur:

A job will run, and complete some of its frames, and then fail others. However, when I look at the frames (both failed and complete) in the render directory, all of the frames seem to have completed successfully, despite there being failed ones.

Of course, it is not too difficult to force-complete these completed frames once I see this, but having this happen time and time again has become a real annoyance. The errors point to there being a problem with finding the file:

"Error: File not found.:
Error: Cannot load scene
Please check the scene name."

But really, there doesn't seem to be an actual problem at all, since the files are rendering correctly - just being listed as "failed" instead of "complete"

Can someone please tell me what is going on, and how to prevent this from happening?

jburk

• Administrator
Re: Failing frames actually completed
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:59:37 PM »
There are certain messages qube will look for in maya's output messages, and if we find them the default behavior is to consider the frame as failed.

The job logs will show near the top of the log what "patterns" it will look for and consider error messages; if you're seeing them up at the top, they're there merely for information purposes only.  But if farther down in the logs, mixed in with the actual messages from the renderer you see "One of more errors have occurred", this indicates that at least one "error message pattern" was found in the frame's render.

Sometimes these are about missing textures, and sometimes these missing textures are on geo that's not even in-frame, so it's actually a non-issue.

The maya jobtype has an "ignore errors" checkbox to tell the job to _not_ mark the frame as failed when any of the "error message patterns" are found, you may have to check the "expert mode" checkbox to reveal it, it's in the "Renderer" section.

[attachment deleted by admin]

connnor.v

Re: Failing frames actually completed
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:28:49 PM »
If I turn on that checkbox, will it ignore any errors that might be helpful to me? Most of the time, I rely on the jobs coming up as failed to let me know that there is a problem.