Author Topic: Configuring Browse Output Directories and Images  (Read 5339 times)

mdonovan

Configuring Browse Output Directories and Images
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:57:54 PM »
Hi,

I would like to get 'view output' and 'Borwse Output Dirs' to work. Bot options are visible in my QubeGui, but neither does anything.

Thanks

Mike

jburk

• Administrator
Re: Configuring Browse Output Directories and Images
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 05:22:28 PM »
These work for certain applications, basically those that print the rendered frame names to the logs, and also AfterEffects and Cinema4D. 

As well, the QubeGUI can only display certain file formats, so you could have "Browse Output Dirs" work, but not be able to use "View Output".  The most noticeable format that can't be displayed by the older QubeGUI is EXR's.

The new ArtistView gui ~can~ display EXR's, and it has a nice "scrubbing" view, so you can move a slider and scrub through the rendered frames.

r3dcube

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 03:06:20 PM »
Hi,

Having the same issue here too.  Currently using Qube 6.3.5 with Maya and After Effects.  Unfortunately we use a mix of .exr, .tiff and other so viewing all wouldn't work but I'm wondering if there is something in the configs for the other file formats and linking up the output directories?  When clicked in the qubequi it will sometimes do nothing other times it just opens up 'My Computer' and that's all.  Not finding any help in the manuals either.

Regards,
Bryan

jburk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 06:54:33 AM »
You can configure the GUI for different image viewers for different formats in the prefs.

See the on-line docs and check out the "external viewers (named)" field.

http://docs.pipelinefx.com/display/QUB064/Preference+Fields

Note that the job in question has to show some data in the frame's "outputPaths" column in the far-right of the Agenda/Frame view.  If that column is blank, the job doesn't know where its output can be found.