Author Topic: resource reservation on agendas?  (Read 3583 times)

vicken

resource reservation on agendas?
« on: December 18, 2015, 06:34:24 PM »
Ehh guys. I'd like some specific resource to not reserve license resources since I know they wont need them.  however the remaining agenda/work items will.

Is it possible to have specific resources reserved (or override the job reservations) on specific agenda items? or if not, is there a between/recommended way to get the behavior im looking for? Some context: currently i have the "fast process" running as a separate job, which triggers a callback on a dependent job (which will require extra resources that i want to reserve). i've been looking into folding this into all into one job and just setting up the dependencies between the work items.

jburk

• Administrator
Re: resource reservation on agendas?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 07:42:24 PM »
We don't support reservations at the agenda level; it's one of the ideas we keep kicking around for Qube 7, but it's a substantial change.

For now, you should continue as you were with separate jobs and inter-job dependencies.

vicken

Re: resource reservation on agendas?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 11:07:49 PM »
hmm, ok. word

Actually, I found I could get the behavior I was after with using some python as the callback trigger...

unblock_code = 'jobid = str(qb.jobid())\n\
args = ["%s:%i" % (jobid, work) for work in range({0},{1})]\n\
qb.workunblock(*args)'.format(start, end+1)

callbacks.append({'triggers':'done-work-self-convert', 'language': 'python', 'code':unblock_code})

but actually, speaking of unblocking the jobs I have another question along those lines.

Say I have a job that is submitted as blocked, onn the job itself but also on some of it's work agenda items.

If a user ten selects the job in WrangleView and unblocks the job, the work items also unblock. Is this an intentional/desired behavior? To me, it seems like it should just unblock the job, not the work items (which should be unblocked explicitly from the Frames/Work panel)