Author Topic: GUI hanging...  (Read 5981 times)

Ari

GUI hanging...
« on: September 17, 2009, 05:45:24 PM »
Hello pfx folks -

I am getting periodic hangs in the GUI when doing relatively simple tasks. This is most often occurring when I right click on a job and hit resubmit. The normal resubmit dialog does not come up and the GUI becomes unresponsive...

The job is a cmdline job type, which I imagine would be very low overhead...

I should add -

Qube GUI 5.4.6
Qube Supervisor 5.4-2 ( bld-5-4-2009-07-01-0 winnt )

----- new info ----------

I just noticed that there is a "Submit cmdline" window in the task bar.. however, it seems to be an empty/non existent window. It has no size, but is able to be moved and closed. If closed, the GUI becomes responsive again... strange!

----- new info ----------

thoughts?

Best,
Ari
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 05:49:36 PM by asz »

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
Re: GUI hanging...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 07:06:17 PM »
When doing a Resubmit, it will bring up a submission dialog that will not allow user entry in the main window until the job is submitted.  It seems that the larger issue is that the cmdline dialog is not displaying properly.  Is this something that is intermittant or easily reproduced.  Also, what platform are you seeing this on.

For submitting a bug report, please open the QubeGUI and select "Help->Submit a bug".  It will bring up a form to fill out.

Ari

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 07:36:54 PM »
Hi Scot -

Thanks for the reply, here is the info for the bug report. I have confirmed this issue with both the cmdline and 3dsmax jobtypes

--
DESCRIPTION:
When trying to resubmit a job, the "Submit <jobtype>" window has no size and must be closed in the task bar to restore functionality to the GUI

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1) open GUI
2) select job
3) right click, select "resubmit job"
ACTUAL RESULT:
a new item is seen in the windows taskbar with the correct title "Submit <jobtype>" however, the window is not visible. It exists as there is an entry in the task bar. It is also accessible if you select it in the task bar, then press Alt+Space to access the window options - which are only Move and Close ( no maximize, minimize, etc )

EXPECTED RESULT:
the resubmit job window should open ( be visibile ) and allow me to resubmit jobs...

KNOWN WORKAROUNDS:

SEVERITY: meduim

VERSIONS:
    Platform: Windows-2003Server-5.2.3790-SP2
    Qube Client 5.4-0
    Qube Supervisor 5.4-2
    Qube GUI 5.4.6
    Python 2.4.3
    wxPython 2.8.7.1 (msw-ansi)

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 07:12:43 PM »
Thank you for the bug report -- we will look into it. 

Is this seen only one 1 particular machine or all Windows Server 2003 machines?  If you have XP, is it doing the same thing?

Ari

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 06:45:29 AM »
Hey Scot -

We're all on XP64 here - I can try on other machines to see if it is occurring there too..

A