Author Topic: Override Windows Drive Map in qbwrk.conf?  (Read 4817 times)

methodhai

Override Windows Drive Map in qbwrk.conf?
« on: March 09, 2008, 09:05:27 PM »
Is there a way to override the Windows Drive Map in qbwrk.conf?

Thanks,
Hai

eric

Re: Override Windows Drive Map in qbwrk.conf?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 09:13:33 PM »
Can you give more details on what you're trying to do?

methodhai

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 10:33:50 PM »
Sure!

Currently, I'm mapping the drives in the worker from the configuration utility. So  I have O and N mapped to some UNC paths. I was wondering if I could override those from within the qbwrk.conf - so I don't have to log into each box individually to do that.

I've looked at the automount option - but I didn't see a way to making it automount only certain drives....might have just missed it.

Thanks.

eric

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 10:41:32 PM »
Sure!

Currently, I'm mapping the drives in the worker from the configuration utility. So  I have O and N mapped to some UNC paths. I was wondering if I could override those from within the qbwrk.conf - so I don't have to log into each box individually to do that.

I've looked at the automount option - but I didn't see a way to making it automount only certain drives....might have just missed it.

Thanks.

You should be able to copy the windows_drive_map configuration entry from the Worker qb.conf into the appropriate configuration in your qbwrk.conf. Consult the Administration manual for more information on setting up qbwrk.conf.

methodhai

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 01:29:28 AM »
Hi Eric,

The only line(s) I found in the qb.conf that seems like it's related to drive mapping is:

client_drive_map = {N:|\\lamnas001\psyoplam\prod
O:|\\lamnas002\psyoplam\prod
}

Could I just use this?

- Hai

eric

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 06:33:36 PM »
You need to add to your qbwrk.conf an option called worker_drive_map, but using the same format as the client_drive_map.