Author Topic: problems setting up an After Effects job  (Read 4151 times)

rtaege

problems setting up an After Effects job
« on: September 05, 2008, 08:45:14 PM »
We just got Qube here at the studio and I'm trying to get it up and running. I've got the supervisor installed on one of our render nodes(render1) I've got 2 workers installed on two render nodes as well(render1 & render12). I've got the AE job type installed on the machines, as well as my local machine. I've got the GUI installed on all 3 machines(render1, render12 and my local machine).

When I submit a job through Qube, render 1 and 12 show up in the Host field. After I submit, in the properties, under status, it just says pending (waiting to be queued) And it just sits like that forever. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for help.

I'm running Windows XP pro on my local machine, windows 2000 on render1 and windows XP pro on render 12. I'm using AE CS3 as well. Qube 5.3.1
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 08:46:53 PM by rtaege »

rtaege

Re: problems setting up an After Effects job
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 09:26:51 PM »
I looked through the Stdrr tab and it said something about Perl not being installed. So I installed Perl on all the machines, but now in that tab I'm see ERROR: unsupported perl version 5.010000. Which version of perl do I need? And where's the best place to get it?

eric

Re: problems setting up an After Effects job
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 02:40:40 AM »
You'll need either 5.6 or 5.8.
They can be found at ActiveState (www.activestate.com).