Author Topic: Qube update and re-install woes  (Read 4415 times)

jumpstart

Qube update and re-install woes
« on: December 06, 2008, 12:13:11 AM »
I had installed a version of qube across our network (5.2).   Since then I've been struggling to rebuild with version 5.4.3  The previous install of the core and supervisor are detected by qube and as such, the two nodes are omitted.  It recommends using the qbadmin remove command but when entered the command line doesn't recognize it as valid.  I've been typing these commands verbatim and don't know what the issue is.   

The core, and supervisor components have been installed, so I'm a little confused as why it won't recognize my commands.   Is there another command I can use to remove the previous node and supervisor entries?

The only thing I have successfully rendered in the past are some test renders after we completed the initial setup in 5.2.   I have never been able to implement it in a full production environment.

jumpstart

Re: Qube update and re-install woes
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 12:17:39 AM »
I forgot to add, we are running windows xp on all machines with windows server 2003 as our domain controller.

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
Re: Qube update and re-install woes
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 12:31:22 AM »
This is a straightforward issue to addess.  The sbin/ directory where the admin commands are kept is not added by default to the PATH, though the bin/ directory is.  You can run the qbadmin command by typing in the full path:

"C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\sbin\qbadmin"

or if running on XP64 and have Qube 32-bit installed:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\pfx\qube\sbin\qbadmin"