Author Topic: [SOLVED] Installed, but not rendering an after effects project.  (Read 8145 times)

jon1320

[SOLVED] Installed, but not rendering an after effects project.
« on: January 15, 2009, 01:38:33 AM »
I followed the install instructions from the .pdf and passed the command line test job.

I tried to launch a qube render with after effects but it failed within 5 seconds.

-     Worker 264.8
----------------------------------
ERROR: file [//fileserver/Reel/Jon_test/Project_Files/TestRender1.aep] does not exist on the execution host [rotoi1] at C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\api/perl/JobType.pm line 706.
ERROR: there were at least [1] error(s) during errorCheckInputFiles()
ERROR: exception caught in ->run()
ERROR: Input file read-permission test failed at C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\api/perl/JobType.pm line 316.

received confirmation from worker.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jon

Warm thanks to Scot; Thanks for the help :)

If any of you out there are stuggling as I was, try changing the worker mode from proxy to user mode and then using the util in the qube folder called 'Microsoft Windows logon" to have the user identify with the supervisor. You'll only need to identify once per user. So if you have a static user, you'll only need to run that prog once.

Also, I was having trouble getting AE to pick the right AE version to do rendering, this easy fix is done by opening up C:\program files\pfx\jobtypes\aftereffects\job.conf, now modify the AE line to the correct location of the AE you use.

J.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 08:03:28 PM by jon1320 »

siyuan.pipelinefx

Re: Installed, but not rendering an after effects project.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 02:49:07 AM »
It seems like you're having a permission error.  Are you running in qubeproxy mode? If so, is the user given permission to read and write to the file directory where your scene file is located?

jon1320

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 03:35:46 AM »
Hi, thanks for the reply.
It seems that indeed my workers are running proxy users, and I don't believe they are granted permission to access the file. Perhaps I'll try adding an everyone permission which should in theroy clear this up, if not then I'll have to configure users which shouldn't be a big deal.
I'll post back with success!!!.. or failure :)

Jon

jon1320

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 04:23:59 AM »
Okay,
So I added the user 'qubeproxy' in our Active Directory and put it in a group that has full access to our file server. Confirming that this worked, I logged in as qubeproxy using the password that is advised in the Installation manual, and created a folder and renamed it. (PASS) !

I made a new after effects job calling the .aep from the file server and out put to the file server aswell (may sound odd but it's fine, our raid 10 can handle it.)
It failed.
Code:
  'Project_path' => 'Z:\\Reel\\Jon_test\\Project_Files\\TestRender1.aep'
};

INFO: [cwd=/]

INFO: testing input files for read permission
INFO: [Z:/Reel/Jon_test/Project_Files/TestRender1.aep]... [ERROR!]
INFO: Reporting to supe: qb::reportjob('failed')
tjob('failed')

Thanks

siyuan.pipelinefx

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 04:29:19 AM »
Hey Jon, it'll be best if you send us the joblog of the job that failed.  You can find the directions below to support@pipelinefx.com
===========
In order to address your problem more completely, please send us the job log directory for the job in question.

You can locate the directory by logging into your Supervisor, and looking for the job log folder in the following location (depending upon your Supervisor platform):

Windows
\Program Files\pfx\qube\logs\job

Linux, OS X
/var/spool/qube/job

In that folder, you will find a numbered directory that corresponds to the number of thousands in the job ID. (ID < 1000 = 0) Search in one of these folders for the one that corresponds to the correct job ID.

Zip up the entire job ID folder and reply to this email message with the zipped file.

If the zipped job ID folder turns out to be larger than 2MB, don't send it, but let us know and we will help you address the problem in an alternative fashion.

jon1320

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 08:14:54 PM »
Hi,
I found the folder and zipped it, but the board won't let me post it.

279.rar.
You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are txt,doc,pdf,jpg,gif,mpg,png,py,mel,cpp,h,pl.

Do you want me to paste specific files from this folder ?

siyuan.pipelinefx

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 02:14:53 AM »
can you e-mail the file to support@pipelinefx.  Thanks.

jon1320

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 02:31:35 AM »
Ok

jon1320

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 08:27:34 PM »
-     Worker 257.1
ERROR: file [//Server1/show/Reel/Jon_test/Project_Files/TestRender1.aep] does not exist on the execution host [rotoi1] at C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\api/perl/JobType.pm line 706.
ERROR: there were at least [1] error(s) during errorCheckInputFiles()
ERROR: exception caught in ->run()
ERROR: Input file read-permission test failed at C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\api/perl/JobType.pm line 316.

This is the latest error.
I've installed the core and supervisor on a server, The core and workers on a few desktops, and the AfterEffects job type on the workstations and the server, and the qubeproxy is in our AD with permissinos to get around the file server,
What am I missing?

Jon

siyuan.pipelinefx

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 10:55:39 PM »
Do you also have the latest jobtype installed? I don't see you mentioning it.

jon1320

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 12:12:36 AM »
The latest job type i.e. qube-aftereffectsjt-5.4-0.msi?

I have this installed on both the Supervisor and the Workers as mentioned above.

J