Author Topic: Big Qube Problem  (Read 4206 times)

Chris Computing

Big Qube Problem
« on: March 26, 2013, 06:29:14 PM »
I just got this from our render wrangeler:

"Hey Chris,

Qube is broke. It only renders to computers that the user has logged into previously and opened maya on, which makes me suspect it has something to do with maya properties on the user accounts needing to be initialized. Not sure why this is a problem now when it wasn't before, but fixing it would be good before the term moves along and people actually need to use Qube."

The last time this happened I had to log into ever computer in the school (hundreds) with the local qubeproxy log on. PLEASE tell me there is another way to solve this!?

Chris Computing

Re: Big Qube Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 06:46:13 PM »
I should mention that I have reimaged the entire school. However, on the master image I didn't go into the Qubeproxy account and launch and initialize Maya.

jburk

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 02:35:47 AM »
This is an Autodesk Maya requirement.  The first time a user opens Maya on a workstation, it creates all the <homeDir>\Documents\maya\projects, maya\scripts, etc... directories. 

This is the default location for the MAYA_APP_DIR directories that Maya needs to run successfully.

My guess is that when the machines were previously built, they were built from an image that someone had run Maya on at least once to set these directories up, and when the new image was built, this never got done.

You should check what user account your machines are using for the proxy_account, then login to a machine that you used to create the new image, run Maya, pull another image, and deploy it. 

Chris Computing

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 03:18:34 PM »
I have been the one building images personally, so I know the account was logged in on the source machines and maya was launched, before I sent said image to every machine. C'est la vie.

....Oh damn, I did update Maya to version 2013.5. Ugh, thank you very much for getting back to me.

Chris Computing

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 03:04:37 PM »
Ok, that didn't fix anything. Qube still only works on systems that a user has logged in on previously.

I have the Qubeproxy account (local) set as an admin, I've run Maya 2013.5 on every computer from that account, and I've even reinstalled Qube from scratch on an entire room for testing purposes and that still didn't make a difference. I'm using version 6.3.6 of the worker, GUI, Core, and Supervisor (on the server).

At this point I have a very frustrated college and I'm totally out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

rhagen

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 05:24:22 PM »
Hi,
Replying to something too old...  I don't know if your problem was fixed or not... but just posting as a possible fix to others who might be having the same problem.

Are you using Active Directory? If so, try to have qubeproxy as a user on your active directory as well and make the password the same as PipelineFX's default as written in their manual. Even though it's not necessary according to Pipeline FX and would be a security risk on your network, you might try qubeproxy as a domain admin as well (or at least test like that to see if it leads anywhere).