Author Topic: Qube username filter tab  (Read 4373 times)

CatalystFire

Qube username filter tab
« on: March 13, 2014, 04:28:08 PM »
Hey, we have recently updated our Qube software to version 6.5-2 and a small but annoying bug has become evident.

When you filter the Qube jobs by username you have to type in your username and press the 'User' button to see the filtered display below. Then if you want to go back to see an unfiltered view you just have to press the 'User' button again and you see an unfiltered view.

Before you could press this button as many times as you wanted and it would jump between your username filtered view and unfiltered, remembering the username you initially put in the text box.

Now however after you have put in your user name and filtered the view by pressing the button, if you then press the button again to unfilter the view it looses your username meaning that you then have to retype in your username and press the button once again to see your filtered view.

This isn't a huge bug however I do this probably close to 100 times a day and having to retype my username every time can get quite a faff.

jburk

• Administrator
Re: Qube username filter tab
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 05:47:36 PM »
It was a side-effect of the change to the userFilter; the pull-down beside it now auto-populates with a list of all users who have jobs in qube.  This change benefits wranglers who often switch between different users, now they can just scroll down and pick the user from the list.

I see your point on this one, and will make the change so that re-enabling the user filter will use the last-used value, which is what a user who only manages their own jobs would do (all day long, like you say). 

For now you can pick your name from the list, which is great if your username is Alex, not so hot if your name is William...

CatalystFire

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 06:02:22 PM »
Ah thank you!

I can understand your reasoning for doing it like that but yeah once you start getting more than 20 people submitting at any one time finding your name on the list starts to get a bit difficult.

Cheers.

jburk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 06:21:17 PM »
Just fixed it and committed to the code base, you'll see this released in 6.5-3 and 6.6. 

No ETA yet on 6.5-3, and 6.6 is slated for late April or early May.