Author Topic: Output folder wants file  (Read 4546 times)

kitten

Output folder wants file
« on: October 17, 2007, 12:07:19 PM »
The After Effects GUI wants a folder into which to put the rendered file.  When I click on the Browse button the dialog wants a file to Open rather than a folder to select.  Please explain why it wants a file and how to select the folder for output.  Please also explain where and how to define the output rendered file name. 

shinya

• Administrator
Re: Output folder wants file
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 11:45:20 PM »
Hi Kitten,

Actually, you need to specify the output folder AND the file name in the "output path" box.  Qube's After Effects jobtype is based on the "aerender.exe" program that's supplied with After Effects, and the "output path" box corresponds to aerender's "-output" option. 

For example, you can specify:

X:\projects\ae\images\myscene[####].tif

The [####] will be replaced by the frame number.

Instead of specifying the output path at submission, you can also specify it in the project's render queue.  Just add your comp(s) to the render queue within aftereffects, and modify the output path in the render queue, save the file, and submit the project.

kitten

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 11:53:43 PM »
I am still a little clueless.  The file does not exist yet and the browser wants me to select a file.  Do I need to create a dummy file.  No, that can't be,  that would be stupid. 

kitten

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 12:41:58 AM »
Sorry.  We are on an Intel Mac rendering to a QuickTime movie, not individul frames.  Please exoalin the work around for case 20613 issue.