Author Topic: Error in submitting job in Windows CCS  (Read 4887 times)

christine2204

Error in submitting job in Windows CCS
« on: December 05, 2007, 02:47:38 AM »
Hi there,

I installed Qube in Windows CCS platform and got the below error after I submitted a Maya job.

ERROR: outdir [Z:/Qube test files/maya files/images] exists, but is not writable
   make sure the execution user [qubeproxy] has write-permission to this directory
ERROR: SUPER::initialize() at C:\Program Files\pfx\jobtypes/maya/UniversalMayaRenderJob.pm line 51.
ERROR: in initializing job at C:\Program Files\pfx\jobtypes/maya/MayaJob.pm line 206.

Before that I tried to submit simple command line job, there is no problem on the command line job.

Just wondering does Windows CCS almost like Linux that we need to manually create qubeproxy account?

Kindly advise for the above error.

Many thanks for the kind help.

Best Regards,

Christine Loh

eric

Re: Error in submitting job in Windows CCS
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 06:36:42 AM »
You will need to configure your file server to make sure that the qubeproxy user has the permissions to write to the directory.

christine2204

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 02:49:18 AM »
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to configure the qubeproxy user to have administrator privileges, I also configure the file server to make it has the full permission to access from other machine.

I re-configured the qubeproxy by resetting it password as well with the domain controller in Windows CCS. In the configuration GUI, I change the qubeproxy to user mode and reset the password match with the configuration that I had made in domain controller. However, now when I submitted a job, it showed "badlogin".

Sorry that if my question here is the basic, because I still new to Windows CCS platform. Just wondering is there any different for the setting in between Windows CCS and windows XP, because as we know qube will automatically create a qubeproxy in the worker machine for Windows XP, while I'm not sure for Windows CCS.

Kindly advise.

Your advise is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Christine Loh

eric

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 08:22:30 PM »
If you plan to use the qubeproxy user, you will need to make sure the Worker is running in "proxy" mode.