Author Topic: AE Render Naming Convention  (Read 4600 times)

editworks

AE Render Naming Convention
« on: February 08, 2008, 04:08:05 PM »
Still new to Qube and have been using it primarily as an After Effects farm.
I was wondering if there is any way to modify the naming convention that Qube gives to Targa sequences rendered from AE.

It creates files with the following naming:
filename.TGA0000

This is not how AE creates an image sequence, so I know that the naming is being dictated by the render farm.

I would prefer to have:
filename_0000.TGA

I am having issues with software reading the file extension .tga1234 and would rather not rename all of the files (even with a batch namer it is slow).

Any suggestions?

DJ

Ari

Re: AE Render Naming Convention
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 01:15:07 AM »
I'm seeing the same issue here when specifying output parameters through the Qube GUI submission.

shinya

• Administrator
Re: AE Render Naming Convention
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 12:27:20 AM »
The recommended way to specify output filename formats is to add your comps into the project's render queue, edit the filename in the "output module" section of the render queue (using something like "filename_[####].TGA"), save the file, and just specify the project file (.aep) on submission.

Because of the way that the "aerender" utility works, if you must override the output path at submission time, you will also need to create and specify an appropriate custom output module template.  The custom output module must also be available on all the worker nodes.