Author Topic: Korean Broadcasting System Deploys Qube!?  (Read 4480 times)

Jennifer

Korean Broadcasting System Deploys Qube!?
« on: February 11, 2008, 07:41:06 PM »
Honolulu, HI ? February 11, 2008 ? PipelineFX, makers of Qube!? software, the leading render farm management software for film production, game development, and digital media education around the world, today announced that KBS television in Seoul, Korea has deployed Qube! to manage their render pipeline.

KBS uses Qube! to manage renders from Autodesk? Maya? and 3ds Max?.  KBS plans to also use Qube! with SOFTIMAGE?|XSI?.  Qube! is utilized to render special graphics for news, television shows, and their popular drama series.  Qube! was most recently used in the production of Korea?s 2008 Presidential Election Special Broadcasting. 

?KBS chose to purchase Qube! because we found it to be the most reliable render farm management system available,? said Joochang Kim, KBS special graphics team manager.  ?Qube!?s user-friendly environment and customizable GUI is what the fast-moving CG industry in Korea needed.?

Korea recently celebrated its 80th anniversary in broadcasting and is now entering its newest phase of evolution.   KBS launched the world?s first ever terrestrial digital multimedia broadcasting (DMB) service, which earned KBS the grand prize at the 2006 National Association of Broadcasters International Broadcasting Excellence Awards in the United States.  KBS continues to spearhead broadcasting development and to define itself as the central television channel for Koreans. On the international front, KBS WORLD TV, launched in 2003, can be currently viewed in 32 million households throughout 40 countries. KBS has not only become a comprehensive Korean media source encompassing cable, satellite, IPTV, WiBro and Internet services, it is also evolving into a global nexus of media, enjoyed by people all over the world. 

PipelineFX?s reseller in Korea, Shinsegae I & C, introduced KBS to Qube!.  Shinsegae I & C, one of the largest IT solution companies in South Korea, has been servicing the digital media industry for 10 years.  As a Qube! reseller, Shinsegae I & C markets render farm management software to production companies, film and game studios, and educational institutions throughout Korea.  With Qube!-certified sales reps and technicians, Shinsegae I & C also provides training and technical support to their end-users.