Author Topic: New to Qube, Lots of Questions.  (Read 11781 times)

chanse

New to Qube, Lots of Questions.
« on: March 10, 2008, 09:07:57 PM »
Ok, we installed the Qube software as explained on the manual.

Our supervisor is a Mac G5 and so far we have one worker (Boxx Renderbox running XP 64bit). One the Gui we see our workers online.

Question 1: do I need to install Maya to use Maya Renderer on all machines? I know for MR we need to put the satellite in each machine. I'll wait for answers for this then I will ask the next.. lol. Sorry.

Chanse

eric

Re: New to Qube, Lots of Questions.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 09:22:43 PM »
Ok, we installed the Qube software as explained on the manual.

Our supervisor is a Mac G5 and so far we have one worker (Boxx Renderbox running XP 64bit). One the Gui we see our workers online.

Question 1: do I need to install Maya to use Maya Renderer on all machines? I know for MR we need to put the satellite in each machine. I'll wait for answers for this then I will ask the next.. lol. Sorry.

Chanse

If you plan to run Maya renders, you will need to install it on all Workers. You will also need to download and install the Qube Maya Job Type on both desktops and Workers.

chanse

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 09:58:56 PM »
Thanks for the fast response.

We just put another Worker on board that does have Maya installed. It's a Macintel. I did a job submit for Maya and the job is not doing anything. Did I submit it wrong or fill out the job submit form wrong?

Chanse

eric

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 11:16:45 PM »
Thanks for the fast response.

We just put another Worker on board that does have Maya installed. It's a Macintel. I did a job submit for Maya and the job is not doing anything. Did I submit it wrong or fill out the job submit form wrong?

Chanse

What do you mean by "not doing anything?"
Is it pending? If so, what's the pending reason?
If it ran, but failed, what does the log say?

chanse

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 08:18:32 PM »
Sorry for making you wait long for a respond.

I submitted a job in Maya (using maya software renderer). At the moment I only have one two workers on board and on supervisor.

1. SUPERVISOR - G5 Mac
2. Job Submitter (work/client) - MacIntel
3. Worker - Windows Intel

Right now the Macintel is running the job I sent, but the windows machine is showing a failed. What should I check or do in order to trouble shoot this?

Thanks
Chanse

eric

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 08:38:19 PM »
You should look through the STDERR and STDOUT panes to see what the logging information shows.

Most likely, unless you've made specific arrangements to translate the file paths, your Mac job is failing on the PC because it doesn't understand Unix-style paths.

chanse

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 07:55:21 PM »
Sorry.. been working on projects so never followed up. What should I do to fix this problem? Should I call support so we don't have to go back and forth with the question?

We did pay for the support. Thanks.

chanse

eric

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 01:35:29 AM »
Jobs submitting from a Mac will not run on a Windows machine unless you take precautions to handle the file path translation.

I recommend you review the STDOUT and STDERR log panes for this job to confirm that the paths are the problem, then review the following articles in our knowledge base:

http://support.pipelinefx.com/wiki/index.php/Qube_Knowledge_Base#Linux.2FOS_X

chanse

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 05:34:33 PM »
Thanks I will try that.

chanse

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »
Ok for the PC workers, we forgot to install Perl. As for the Mac Worker

This is what I got.

WARNING: cannot open scenefile [/Users/chanse/Documents/maya/projects/default/scenes/qubeTest.ma] for reading at /Applications/pfx/jobtypes/maya/Utils.pm line 35.

==================== INIT BEGIN ====================
HOME: /Users/qubeproxy
QBDIR:
MAYA_LOCATION:
MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH:
MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH:

Project Directory: /Users/chanse/Documents/maya/projects/default/
Scene File:        /Users/chanse/Documents/maya/projects/default/scenes/qubeTest.ma

$VAR1 = bless( {
  'batchmode' => '0',
  'project' => '/Users/chanse/Documents/maya/projects/default/',
  'startFrame' => '1',
  'ignoreRenderTimeErrors' => '0',
  'defaultRenderGlobals.periodInExt' => '0',
  'cameras' => 'persp',
  'defaultRenderGlobals.currentRenderer' => 'mayaSoftware',
  'defaultRenderGlobals.outFormatControl' => '0',
  'scenefile' => '/Users/chanse/Documents/maya/projects/default/scenes/qubeTest.ma',
  'mentalray_satellite' => 'None',
  'defaultRenderGlobals.putFrameBeforeExt' => '1',
  'defaultRenderGlobals.animation' => '1',
  'layers' => 'All Renderable'
}, 'maya::Package' );

ERROR: scenefile [/Users/chanse/Documents/maya/projects/default/scenes/qubeTest.ma] does not exist on the execution machine [edit-i.pyperpaul.local] at /Applications/pfx/jobtypes/maya/MayaJob.pm line 170.
INFO: reporting status [failed] to supe: qb::reportjob('failed')
received confirmation from worker.

chanse

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 07:03:59 PM »
UPDATE:

I got the local machine to render (the worker that is sending out the job). The PC Workers have Pearl installed now but when I send through the job it says Completed.... really fast. I looked at the log.. and there is no error.

We are getting there...lol.

shinya

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 01:03:00 AM »
Hi chanse,

Sorry we hadn't followed up on this issue.

In order to address your problem more completely, please send us the job log directory for the job in question, to support@pipelinefx.com .

You can locate the directory by logging into your Supervisor, and looking for the job log folder in the following location (depending upon your Supervisor platform):

Windows
\Program Files\pfx\qube\logs\job

Linux, OS X
/var/spool/qube/job

In that folder, you will find a numbered directory that corresponds to the number of thousands in the job ID. (ID < 1000 = 0) Search in one of these folders for the one that corresponds to the correct job ID.

Zip up the entire job ID folder and reply to this email message with the zipped file.

If the zipped job ID folder turns out to be larger than 2MB, don't send it, but let us know and we will help you address the problem in an alternative fashion.

chanse

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 06:35:07 PM »
Hi guys its been a long while, but i haven't been able to log onto the link, support@pipelinefx.com, that you provided.  It seems to be a google login popup  when i load it up.