Author Topic: Indefinite Pending  (Read 4233 times)

GPling

Indefinite Pending
« on: June 17, 2008, 02:23:17 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I am still getting the hang of Qube, but I have a feeling I know my issue. I just wanted to get some feedback from the community, before I try and move forward on this.

Basically, I set up Qube on 10 FC 5 boxes, all of them are seen by the supervisor. I can successfully send command line jobs to the supervisor, and have them be rendered and completed by the workers.

Its when I move into Maya that things get fuzzy. I am running Maya Service Pack 1, all of the instances have the job type installed and loaded into Maya. When I try to send a job through the supervisor to the workers, I get this error:

ERROR: scenefile does not exist on the execution machine at /usr/local/pfx/jobtypes/maya/MayaJob.pm line 170.
INFO: reporting status [failed] to supe: qb::reportjob('failed')
received confirmation from worker.

I think my problem stems from not having a NFS connection created for the qubeproxy user. At the same time, the installation documentation doesnt tell you have to go into user mode for linux.

The reason I believe I can't use the user qubeproxy is because my nfs has an issue with uid and gid. I had to create a specific user so that the linux box could have the permissions to access the nfs share our server created.

So my question is, is there a way to use user mode in Qube while on linux?

Or am I thinking to much into this and there is another option to getting around this?

Thanks for your help.

eric

Re: Indefinite Pending
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 05:28:03 AM »
You can switch the linux Worker by editing the qb.conf:

proxy_execution_mode=user

and restarting the Worker daemon.

More information on this process can be found in the Post-installation chapter of the Installation manual.

GPling

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 08:17:10 AM »
Thanks for replying Eric.

Is there another Installation guide?

The Post Installation section of the installation guide I have only has instructions for changing user modes in Windows.

Either way, isn't there more to changing the user mode then just switching the wording in a conf file?

Thanks again

eric

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 08:41:28 AM »
Nope. That's pretty much it for Linux/OS X.