Author Topic: qb.conf Confusion  (Read 5559 times)

chrisWhite

qb.conf Confusion
« on: September 22, 2008, 07:22:32 PM »
I'm working my way through my first Qube installation and I've managed to break a bunch of things as I've tried to make changes to the supervisor qb.conf.  So, I want to go back to the initial settings and make changes individually and see what I'm doing wrong.  I'm looking in the /etc folder of the Windows supervisor install and I see a couple of different options and I'm not sure what the differences are and which to use.

Could someone clarify the different roles these files play and specifically whether I should be using qb.conf.template, qb.conf.win32 or qb.conf.supervisor for my supervisor's qb.conf?

Thanks!  I've been searching through the manuals and this forum and I'm still a bit confused about it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 07:25:29 PM by chrisWhite »

chrisWhite

Re: qb.conf Confusion
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 07:46:21 PM »
Okay, so I think I've figured it out a little further. 

qb.conf.wintemp is the template for the supervisor on windows and temp means template not temporary. 

qb.conf.win32 is the worker qb.conf, these go in the Windows directory on the worker's machines and this one is related to the qbwrk.conf for doing automating the distribution. 

qb.conf.client and qb,conf.supervisor the Linux equivalents.

Is that all correct?  What is qb.conf.template's job?

eric

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 08:13:07 PM »
You are correct. The qb.conf files in the QBDIR\etc directory are "template" files intended for reference. I recommend that you use the Configuration GUI to make modifications to your configuration until you are more familiar with the qb.conf file.

The actual qb.conf file edited by the Configuration GUI is located in \WINDOWS.

chrisWhite

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 08:15:52 PM »
Perfect, thanks so much Eric!